We moved into our Ankeny home in July of 2015 and knew right away that we wanted a home Pilates studio in our basement. The previous homeowners had used the space as a French-inspired wine cellar/bar? It’s tough to be sure, but there were fake bricks painted on the walls and fleur-de-lis painted on the ceiling tiles. Half of the space had new, neutral carpet, but the other half had harvest gold vinyl tile that likely dated to the late ’60s.
Little by little we’ve been updating the space. Thankfully we have talented and generous family members and friends that helped us tackle the big projects. Here’s a brief list of what we’ve done to modernize the space:
- Installed new ceiling tiles
- Painted the walls and trim
- Laid new Pergo flooring over the vinyl tile
- Added new equipment (raised mat and high barrel)
- Removed the wall-mounted “Glow Warm” gas heater
- Decorated and added a Wellness Library, and
- Created spaces for retail sales (ToeSox, Tavi Noir socks, small green balls, foam rollers, half domes, etc.)
We love the space. It developed even better than we envisioned. It’s chic and welcoming; a perfect place to focus on you and your health and wellness goals. Without further ado, here are the before photos –
and after –
We hope you love it as much as we do! If you want to see it in person, click here to set up your first, complimentary session!