- Gratitude – This week I’m thankful for honeycrisp apples, sweatshirt weather, and those few quiet minutes between the work day ending and daycare pick-up.
- Curious – This article on being the family’s keeper really resonated with me. I think quite often women are the ones putting in the emotional work the author describes. Like the author, I signed up for this work and love doing it most of the time, but as the holiday season approaches the work load ratchets up. So, if you are your family’s keeper, I salute you. Be good to yourself. You deserve love and recognition too.
- Retreat – I love being out in nature. It balances me out in ways that hours on a treadmill never could. Check out this article on whether Hunter-Gatherers are the Happiest Humans on Earth. Then, sign yourself up for one of these Health and Wellness Retreats in Utah!
- Inspiration – “For what it’s worth: It’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Anticipation – This week my dear friend Megan and her family are visiting from California and my parents will be in town for the Des Moines Quilt Show! So naturally I’ve been searching for fun new recipes to try. Here are some of the contenders: Fall Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad, Pumpkin Bread, and Modern Scotcheroos.
- Pilates sessions – 2 mat, 2 tower, and 1 chair.
- Other movement – I logged 26 miles walking.
Until next week, be well.